RC10-8 Rope/Chain Capstan
Suitable for 10 mm (3/8″) chain and 16 mm (5/8″) nylon rope. The combined stainless steel and chromed bronze RC10 automatic rope/chain anchor winch is Maxwell’s upper mid-range version of the vertical RC Series Windlass range. The capstan version comes complete with fluted stainless steel drum enabling independent rope handling operations.
- The powerful combined stainless steel (AISI 316) and chromed bronze RC10- fully automatic windlass series is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 10 mm (3/8″) chain spliced to 16 mm (5/8″) three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope.
- A sleek, Low Profile version and a fluted stainless steel capstan drum version are available.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without dis-assembly of the windlass. Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
- Full dis-assembly capability of the top works utilising only the handle provided and an Allen key.
- The RC10 is manufactured from marine-grade 316 stainless steel and chromed bronze for long term durability. The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm, coupled with the unique rope/chain gypsy, is designed to effectively grasp the splice between rope and chain, giving the RC10 an unparalleled level of performance.
- In combination with a heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel preloaded spring, the pressure arm pivots on a trouble free bearing, thereby exerting maximum control pressure on the rode and splice.
- The RC10 works just as effectively with all chain rodes for those who desire a Low Profile, elegantly styled windlass on their foredeck.
- Huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, ‘Free Fall’ anchoring.
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides maximum output via a precision worm and worm wheel.
- Every Maxwell RC10 automatic rope/chain windlass comes with top works, motor/gear box and dual direction solenoid. Switches and circuit breaker are available and need to be ordered separately.
- Every Maxwell automatic rope/chain windlass is available with all the necessary components for fully automatic dual direction control in a competitively priced package.
- This windlass is also available in a version with extra deck clearance. Contact your dealer for more information.
- Important: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper and/or alternative snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chain stopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
Comes Complete with Switch, Breaker and Solenoid
All Prices Include GST